Forms > Sell an Investment > Sell Real Estate

Sell Direction Letter

Use this form to sell the property held by your IRA.
Submit Online
Print and Mail

What documents must be submitted to sell the property currently held within my IRA?

You will need to submit a completed and executed Sell Direction Letter to Vantage.  A Vantage IRA Specialist will then provide you with a list of additional documents that will need to be received in good order to process the sale.  Most, if not all, of the supporting documentation will be provided by the title company selected to close escrow on the sale. However, we will request an Acknowledgment of Read and Approved from you before signing the title documents on behalf of your IRA. Vantage clients should title the contract and all other supporting escrow instructions as follows: Vantage FBO (Client’s Name) IRA.

What fees are associated with selling the property held within my IRA?

There is a $125 transaction fee to sell real estate within your IRA regardless of the value of the asset sold.  A detailed overview of all account fees can be found in the Fee Schedule.

How should the ownership of the seller be vested on the title documentation?

Any real estate sell being made within your Vantage Self-Directed IRA should be titled as follows:  Vantage FBO (client name) IRA.

How can I send funds to my IRA?

Vantage will accept funds via wire, ACH, or check. When submitting funds electronically, reference our Incoming Wire, ACH, and Check Delivery Instructions to ensure proper identification of the funds when they are received by our office.