Making The Complex Simple
The decision to take control of your financial future through alternative assets is one thing. Mastering the self-directed investment process is another. Enter the ‘Comfort Zone’ – a place of step-by-step tools that help you gain comfort and an understanding of the transaction process.
• Need Clarity About Vantage’s Services or Fees?
• Want to Open or Fund Your Account?
• Need Help Completing a Form?
• Purchasing an Investment?
• Paying Expenses on an IRA-Owned Asset?
• Taking a Distribution?
Click the tabs in the box below to navigate through the five process stages and access time-saving form completion videos as well as helpful transaction forms, visual flowcharts, and user-friendly investment purchase checklists.
What We DO Offer:
- Guide investors through the alternative asset transaction process
- Share status updates each step of the way during a transaction
- Accept retirement plan contributions and process distributions
- Request all necessary documents to process transactions
- Receive investment income and pay investment expenses
- IRS Reporting (Forms 5498 and 1099)
- Free education that facilitates our clients’ knowledge of self-directed investment transactions
What We DON’T Offer:
- DO NOT provide any investment advice
- DO NOT sell or endorse any investment products
- DO NOT carry out any form of due diligence or qualifying of an investment
- DO NOT regulate or approve a transaction’s legitimacy or investment merit
- DO NOT evaluate whether a transaction is permissible or prohibited
- DO NOT manage assets
Open and Fund Your Account
Download or complete online the Application Packet (Application Form and Fee Schedule), along with a Deposit Coupon, Transfer Form*, or Rollover Form. Print, sign, and mail in all original documents along with the application fee and a legible copy of your Driver’s License. Links to these forms and audio tutorials are provided to the right.
*If you are funding your account with a transfer, please also submit a copy of your account statement from the resigning Custodian.
What Do YOU Want To Invest In?
Perform your due diligence, consult with trusted advisors, and select your investment from a wide range of alternative asset choices. If you want to increase your financial literacy and comfort with self-directed accounts, participate in one of our FREE Workshops.
Our VTOOLS were created to help you better understand alternative asset investing. After selecting the asset type on the right, view the appropriate Buy Direction Letter Form, its accompanying Video Form Tutorial, the Checklist, and the visual Flowchart to get comfortable with that asset’s purchase process.
Maintain Your Investment
After purchasing your asset, you will need to maintain your account. This includes taking distributions, paying expenses, depositing contributions and income generated from your investments, and annually submitting the fair market value of your retirement assets. Review the VTOOLS on the right and call us with any questions!
While self-directed retirement plans allow you investment control of a wide range of assets, there are some transactions and investments to be cautious of. The basic concept of an IRA is that it is a trust intended to benefit you when you retire. When you invest through a self-directed account, your IRA, not you, owns the investment. You own the account. As such, there are some types of self-directed transactions that could disqualify your IRA and subject it to taxation and penalties.
See The Prohibited Transactions Here