The recent “gold rush” has made precious metal investing a popular alternative asset transaction. Investors view gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next. Because of the metals’ intrinsic value and history of reducing overall volatility and risk, many of our clients seeking to hedge against market cycles or inflation have turned to assets such as gold, silver, platinum, or palladium as a way to further diversify their investment portfolios.
Vantage is uniquely prepared to coordinate all the specific requirements involved with holding physical precious metals in your retirement plan, such as arranging for storage in a depository institution, handling the shipping process, coordinating valuations for IRS reporting, and providing account administration. We pride ourselves on being a great complement to the broker relationship you select and making the transaction process extremely timely so that you can buy and sell the metals you want when you want.
- Broker Dealer A third party that assists you with your purchases and sells of Precious Metals
- Storage Facility/Depository An insured facility that stores your Precious Metals for a annual fee
- Annual IRS reporting is on the dollar value of metals held in the IRA, not the types of metals in the account, as of December 31st of the reporting year
- Precious Metals purchased through an IRA must be stored at an approved Depository Institution and may not be kept personally
- An annual fee is charged for account administration and a separate annual fee is charged for the depository storage service
- IRA account holders must select their own metals Broker; Vantage does not endorse or refer any third party Brokers or Dealers and is not responsible for the performance or selection of any investments
- Pricing of metals is provided by the Broker or Dealer selected by the IRA account holder or an independent third party, not Vantage; any questions regarding the value or pricing of the metals must be handled directly through the Broker
DISCLAIMER: Vantage Self-Directed Retirement Plans does not offer investment, tax, financial, or legal advice nor do we endorse any products, investments, or companies that offer such advice and/or investments. All parties are strongly encouraged to perform their own due diligence and consult with the appropriate professional(s) licensed in that area before entering into any type of investment.
*All investments involve risk. There are no guarantees that alternative asset investments will increase returns and minimize losses. Like traditional investments, there are inherent risks of investing in alternative assets and many hold the opportunity to lose most or all money invested.